Essay PreviewMore ↓
Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant;
she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named
Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as
she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is
pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the
courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from
a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her
parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage
is not approved and abortions are not permitted.
(Scene opens after Cathy has told Conner she is pregnant – they are in
Cathy: I’m pregnant
Conner: Yeah I know…
Conner: it’s just what the…….what the bloody
Cathy: Shhhh keep it down my parents…….(points to the
Conner: …..this is only suppose to happen in the (emphasis)
Conner: (a pause while he holds head in hands)..........I’m
not equipped to cope with this.
Cathy: (timidly) sorry
Conner: (raised voice) SORRY
Cathy: (jumps-followed by a pause) are you very angry
Conner: YES………NO…… not really, it’s not like it’s just your
How to Cite this Page
"Original Writing - I'm Pregnant." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Scenario: I had become a pregnant sophomore and was wondering what to do. I was so confused about my pregnancy now that Jack had said that he had nothing to do with it and he did not want to se me ever again. How stupid was I, to go with everything he had to say, otherwise I would not be in this dilemma. Not even my parents knew about this. I kept on asking myself if I had to assure them. I thought maybe the best thing was to kill myself before anyone found out about this, but it would not solve anything only depression piled in the walls of my brain that I was not able to concentrate or think of what I was doing.... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Personal Narrative: Being Pregnant I am five months pregnant and single, I am in a situation that I never thought that I would have to face. As far as life experiences go, I can truly tell you that dealing with pregnancy at eight-teen is truly a life changing and stressful event. My boyfriend and I were so happy; we were such a “perfect couple.” He was truly a great guy, and I ,a well rounded character. I thought I knew him but fate would prove me wrong. He once told me that we would make it through anything, but I knew this was different he had dreams, and so much potential, this would surely detour him from his goals in life.... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
350 words (1 pages)
- Being Pregnant Through out my teenage years I always had it made. I had security, support of my family, and other things. When I turned 16 I had found out something that would change my life forever, I was pregnant. As a teenager I was anorexic, therefore meaning I had a problem with getting fat. If I had gained just a little bit of weight I went on a crash diet (eating nothing at all for a period of time) till I lost the weight I had gained. For a period of time I had went through a spell of doing nothing but eating.... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- ... After many years my grandmother decided to go to Jordan its closer to home for her and many family member moved there after they got kicked out from Palestine so it was a second home for most Palestinian people My grandmother always considered home is the place we should go back to no matter what happened to us in our lives and believed that no place in this world is going to protract us like our home country. She always told me “hoony, never forget where you came from and where your roots are, never get hesitated to go back, no place like the place you are borne in and lived your childhood in”.... [tags: Family, United States, Aunt, Uncle]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- Dad - Original Writing "Hurry up Mark," called Jan, "Paul will be here in a minute." The usual Friday-night scrimmage to get Mark ready for his weekend visit with his Dad was nearly over. "Did you pack my England shirt Mum?" he shouted from the bedroom. "Yes, and I have packed the England flag too." Jan answered. "What are you doing now?" she enquired. "I'm just doing my hair." he yelled back. "Ah, that reminds me, I've also packed a can of red hair spray. Will Jo have time to do it for you tomorrow?" Jan checked.... [tags: Papers]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Original Writing Have you ever felt life was helpless. Have you ever lost all hope. Have you ever wondered weather God had abandoned you, leaving you to face this world alone. I have. Who am I. My name is Antonio. It means …..I am now an orphan. No mother, no father. My parents passed away, leaving me at nine years of age, along with my sister…. My mother died of a disease. I don’t even know what it was called. The death of my mother tore us apart. Life was different after her death and it was difficult for us to move on.... [tags: Papers]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- ... If I don 't I know I 'll run back to him because we 've never broke up even though High school. I grab my keys duffle bag and suitcase, I sit on the couch and wait. My flight to California is at 9:30 pm and its just 7:15. I plan on staying with Tiana, until my apartment is finished. Before my baby is born I 'll find us a house we can call home. Ali walks through the door and sees the bags sitting on the floor. "Dee what 's going on?" He says nervously. "Ali...I" I see him step towards me cutting me off.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- Surprise November of 2014 was the month of a Surprise, When the Doctor told me I’m Pregnant with Twins. I was shocked and surprised about having twins, I was nine weeks and three days pregnant when I found out, I was so happy I couldn’t wait to go home and tell my fiancé and my two-year-old daughter I am having twins. My mother in law was waiting in the waiting room for me to hear the good news, I told her guess what I’m pregnant with twins, she was so happy the smile on her face made me smile knowing I have two little blessing.... [tags: Pregnancy, Family, Tell, Mother]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The more I went the more I realized she judged me very hard. I finally started thinking it was my fault that I have become pregnant. Soon I become suicidal and wrote everyone in my family a note for them. I knew I could not that to myself, my family, or my unborn child so I become closer to God. I knew he would not put me through this if he know I could have not handled it. The hardest part of all of this is that I was always a daddy’s girl and he was so disappointed in me and I could not figure out why he was because it was not my fault.... [tags: Pregnancy, Family, Mother, The Time]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- It had been love at first sight, the day I met Tom. That stormy night so many years ago, I can remember every last detail of it. The second I’d seen him, our eyes had locked. He was tall, had chocolate brown hair and eyes I could stare into all day. I knew instantly I was in love. A mutual friend had seen the intent gaze we shared and introduced us. And from then on, everything just got better and better. It was like living a dream. He took me out to dinner, met my parents – they loved him, he even agreed to come shopping with me.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- An Investigation to Observe the Effect of Different Sugared Solutions on the Mass of Potato Tubes
- Read All About It: Tabloids vs. Broadsheets
- Temperture's Effect on Beet Membranes
- Number Stairs: Totals and Positions
- The Potential for New Business in Local Areas
- The Effect of Concentration on Osmosis in Potatoe Chips
Cathy: A week but I’m about a month and half along and
Conner: There’s an AND
Cathy: …its twins! (Looks on the verge of tears)
Conner: Oh my God. Oh (pause) my (pause) God! Must remember
to breathe ………a month and
a half…twins!……how could YOU let this happen – I thought you were on
Cathy: I was and don’t you blame this all on me, its your
fault to…you shouldn’t have got me drunk!
Conner: What has drunkenness got to do with anything?
Cathy: The New Year party? - Vomiting – it stops the pill
from working properly I read so in that little instruction booklet!
(Sighs and holds head) I can’t believe this is happening. I don’t know
what to do.
Conner: Neither do I
Cathy: If my parents find out they’ll kill me, we’re
Catholic remember! I’m not even suppose to
be having sex!
Conner: (pause)………..Are you sure?
Cathy: About what? That I’m pregnant? Yes
Conner: Oh……………When can you get rid of it – ill come with
you if you want?
Cathy: What have an abortion?
Conner: Yes! You’re not thinking about keeping are you?
Cathy: (no answer – turns away from Conner)
Conner: Cathy? Answer me dam it! You don’t want a
baby…babies do you? You’re only sixteen for God sakes having a
baby...babies will ruin your whole life! Not to mention mine!
Cathy: Maybe having an abortion will as well – I’d have
to live my whole life knowing that I KILLED my own child – I won’t
become a murder no matter what you do Conner!
Conner: What do you want to do then – what can we do?
Cathy: Umm……(pauses swallows)……….get married!