The strengths in my writing are my organizational skills, grammatical construct, and my work ethic. Organizing an essay is a very natural process for me. I always follow the basic guidelines for the structure of an essay, which state that one must have an introduction, thesis statement, body, conclusion, and a works cited when needed. The “Are Helicopter Parents Entering the No Fly Zone?” essay, “Animal Cloning—How Unethical Is It?” essay, and the “The Clean Water Act—Is it Successfully Reducing Water Pollution?” essay all have a proper introduction, an informative thesis statement, a body, great conclusions, and works cited pages. Formatting the essays is an integral aspect of organizational skills. Each new paragraph is indented, the font is twelve-point Times New Roman, the sentences are double spaced, and the headers are correct.
Grammar is also vital to a well-organized essay. I have shown through my writing that I excel at creating grammatically correct essays. For example, the thesis in one of my essays, “The Clean Water Act has been successful and effective in past years in controlling certain types of polluta...
... middle of paper ...
...ll come in handy in law school as well.
Shaw, Myles. “Animal Cloning—How Unethical Is It?- Draft 1.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 3 Mar 2014. Print.
---. “Animal Cloning—How Unethical Is It?- Final Draft.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 7 Mar 2014. Print.
---. “Are Helicopter Parents Entering the No Fly Zone?- Draft 1.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 7 Feb 2014. Print.
---. “Are Helicopter Parents Entering the No Fly Zone?- Final Draft.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 10 Feb 2014. Print.
---. “Glove Use Among Nurses Exercise- In-class writing.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 7 Mar 2014. Print.
---. “Response to ‘Lifeboat Ethics’- In-class writing.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 26 Mar 2014. Print.
---. “The Clean Water Act—Is it Successfully Reducing Water Pollution?- Draft 1.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 31 Mar 2014. Print.
---. “The Clean Water Act—Is it Successfully Reducing Water Pollution?- Final Draft.” UTSA: WRC 1023, 11 Apr 2014. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... I can totally relate to the quote from the last sentence through my own writing style and personal experiences. In all honesty, if I had a penny for every time I received the comment ‘this sounds exactly how you speak’ when referred to my writing, I would be a trillionaire. While reading this particular article I constantly thought in my head I completely understand how you feel. The fact that I could relate to the article at such a high level was due to the fact that Osborne and I have similar writing style; and that’s because most indefinitely write the way I talk and ramble.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Writing style, Writer]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- UNIT -1: SELF AS WRITER Being an International student and coming from a country where English is not the primary language, writing has always been challenging me. I have not written much in my life other than for school or college purpose. Whenever I was given a task to write and present something, it used to be very challenging for me. According to me, Writing does not have particular form or shape. It can differ by situation, tone, emotion, need, and goal. Writing is a daily thing for most of the people.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Linguistics]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Mid-Self Evaluation Essay As this semester has begun, and I have begun to adjust to this course’s requirements, expectations, and goals I have found myself taking more risks and challenging my prior writing style. I’ve been a little apprehensive with my writing style this semester and feel that at times I may be missing the entire ideas of the topic. Although I do the work and get a good grade, I always feel uncertain before posting a blog or turning in my final assignment. Although the entire courses topic is nothing foreign to me it has become a challenge for me to write about.... [tags: Self Evaluation ]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: This commentary explores some of the existing literature, policy and legislation relevant to the rationale and design of a leaflet appropriate for young people who self-ham. It is thought that about 1 in 10 young people in the UK have self-harmed at some point in their life. Although it has been found that self-harm predominantly affect vulnerable adolescence the reasons for doing so cannot not always be generalised (Hawton et al, 2012). In the absence of a commonly agreed definition of adolescence, age has been used to define young people, as opposed to physical characteristics or cognitive development.... [tags: Suicide, Suffering, Self-harm]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Society or Self Writing poetry can be a long and relentless task. There are several points that may arouse concerns when an author writes poems. One of those concerns would be criticism. In the world of literary arts, criticism can be found everywhere. The individual does not have to be a scholar, in order to be a critic. Critics surround authors in many different directions, and they are among a diverse group. These facts alone would be a reason for authors to be very skeptical of their works.... [tags: Writer, Author, Woman, Writing]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- There are numerous aspects to the writer Beverly Daniel Tatum. She has written a few books over the years like Assimilation Blues: Black families in a White Community and Can we talk about race. She was born on September 27, 1954 in Tallahassee, Florida with both parents. Later Tatum would go on to receive her B.A degree in psychology from Wesleyan University in 1975. She attended the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and received her M.A. degree in clinical psychology. Tatum would eventually achieve her PhD in clinical psychology in 1984.... [tags: Race, White people, Racism, Black people]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Throughout this portfolio, I demonstrate my abilities to critique my own writing and to make an argument based on evidence and analysis. My revised papers are the evidence, and the analysis I make is how these papers show my growth, improvement, and now capable writing abilities to meet the outcomes of English 131. In the very creation of this portfolio, in addition to the revised essays, I accomplish multiple global objectives for this class. These objectives include writing a complex claim, writing with intertextuality, showing awareness of my audience, and revealing the effect of successful, critical revision and editing techniques.... [tags: Self-Analysis]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Now that I have completed the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth course Crafting the Essay, I feel I have tremendously grown as a writer. Even after submitting the first assignment, I looked back at a position paper I wrote for school that I received an A+ on, yet I saw several flaws I wished I had changed. I feel I have significantly improved on my aspects of punctuation in grammar; the progressions Leslie suggested to me on said aspects synchronized with the grammar lessons taught in my English Honors class.... [tags: Self-Analysis]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- As a writer I am like a muscle. This quarter has been a workout of personal growth. I have really learned to enjoy the writing process and the workout of just writing. When I started the course I had not worked out in such a long time. My muscles had started dystrophy they were weak. My muscles had had never been worked out like this before. I had no real understanding how to work them out. Or where to go once I had started to work out. Now I have a drive to work out every day. I have fallen in lust with where my muscles (writing) are taking me.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Self-Analysis Before taking this course my writing styles and habits were very different. I was the typical procrastinator because I would wait until the night before a paper was due to start it. This did not allow me enough time to properly proofread everything, which resulted in getting points deducted for simple grammatical errors that could have been avoided if I would have had the time to proofread. My writing styles have many strengths and weaknesses and I have been able to improve my writing because of them.... [tags: Essays Papers]
577 words (1.6 pages)