Essay PreviewMore ↓
First, as known the global warming set people to make a lot of studies to recognize what the science is dealing with, and in order to find out the solutions. This research led scientists to discover the greenhouse theory, which causes the increase in earth's temperature. The greenhouse theory is a natural process. This process provides the plant with the appropriate heat and sunlight. As Burroughs stated in his book Climate Change “This process works on allowing the sunlight to enter the earth, and cross the Ozone layer. After that, when the incoming solar radiation.” Spread out on the earth surface for oceans, plantation surfaces, and other needs.
How to Cite this Page
"Global Warming: Humans Are Destroying the Planet." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jan 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Global warming is the gradual increase of temperature in the world’s atmosphere. It is often caused by high levels of carbon dioxide and other pollutants. It may also be increased by fossil fuels and agriculture causing many severe consequences, such as: species extinction, reduced forest and coral reefs, drought increases in Africa, severe flooding in Asia, threats to small islands because of ocean levels rising, and severe weather in hurricane zones. Our society today is destroying the climate.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- Everyone knows that global warming is a serious environmental health problem with its effects reflecting on nature and all of mankind on Earth since the mid-twentieth century – emission of concentrated greenhouse gases, rise of sea levels, melting of polar ice caps, and increase in global surface air temperature. The rise in global surface air temperature causes frequent droughts in dry areas and accelerated ocean warming and hence the rapid increase in sea levels and melting of the polar ice caps.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Global warming is a worldwide nightmare that thousands of people fail to acknowledge. The over production of carbon dioxide on the planet has caused an increase in the earth’s temperature within the atmosphere; also known as the greenhouse effect. This devastating change affects every country on earth, and most importantly the world, as we know it is at risk. Global warming has many effects on the planet such as: melting ice caps cause the sea levels to rise, changes in the weather being extreme, and extinction of specific species of wildlife are all terrible effects of global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- In a galaxy far far away there is a planet named Earth. This planet is located in the Milky Way galaxy close to Venus. Earth is suffering and many of the citizens do not understand why they should take care of the planet. Well global warming is affecting the planet there was a video named Global warming the rising storm which explains that the planet is warming and is bad for the humans. Air pollution is another factor that plays in global warming by the burning of fossil fuels, but there is a way for the humans to slow down the process.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Milky Way, Atmosphere]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Former United States Vice President Al Gore became interested in global warming during his years at Harvard University studying under Professor Roger Revelle. During the Clinton Administration Al Gore pushed and encouraged energy efficiency and alternate fuel resources. After Al Gore’s presidential election defeat to Georgia W. Bush in 2000, Gore focused his full attention back on global warming. Al Gore Traveled across the United States and around the world presenting a slide show featuring the concerns of global warming.... [tags: Global Warming, Al Gore]
1045 words (3 pages)
- This essay offers a defense to the position that humans are responsible for global warming. What is Carbon Dioxide. Before attempting to answer any questions based on observations about carbon dioxide, taking a moment to identify the carbon dioxide helps to ensure a clear understanding of the element. According to Princeton University (n.d.), “carbon dioxide, carbon dioxide, is a heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances”. This naturally occurring element is exists in the Earth’s atmosphere where it circulates between water, plants, soil and animals.... [tags: environment, global warming]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- In recent years, the controversial subject of global warming has been more predominantly brought to our attention. Is the threat of global warming real. Is it man-made or is this just a natural cycle of earth. Does it really affect earth’s inhabitants. Should action be taken against it. If so, what kind and to what extent. It cannot be only a coincidence that the alarmingly rapid climate change coincides perfectly with the increased amount of pollutants that humans release into the environment. The once stable climate has in recent years begun to skyrocket, thus altering the delicate structure of earthly life.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1654 words (4.7 pages)
- Global Warming: Are Humans to Blame. Global Warming: Are Humans to Blame. An English major with a minor in Meteorology, I have a huge passion in learning about the weather. I love doing research on all aspects of the weather, but one topic has remained controversial for years and that is the cause of global warming. I decided to do some research on the issue in hopes of coming up with some type of conclusion based on the facts that I am able to find. The question always arises as to whether humans are to blame for our current global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Climate change]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- ... That is twice the amount of money that the U.S spends on our border enforcement to protect our country says the Daily Caller. The worst part about all that money being spent is that it’s coming from you. and her. and all of your parents hard earned money that they have to pay taxes with. So wake up America. If you keep this up we are going to go broke before we realize that our planet is dying. Global warming has cost us a lot of money, but it is definitely not over yet. By 2030 a famous company, the technologyreview, has just announced that global warming will cost 13 trillion dollars, and by 2050 it could be as much as 50 trillion dollars.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Carbon dioxide]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- Investigating the Cause of Global Warming Many people disagree on the issue concerning global warming. Some believe that human activities, various forms of polluting, are the main cause of global warming. Others think that not only have humans not affected the planet by any significant amount, but that not much global warming has even occurred. Many scientists think that pollution is the cause of global warming and the greenhouse effect. There is a lot of evidence to support this theory. In the United States alone, almost 15,000 pounds of greenhouse gases are emitted per person each year.... [tags: Global Warming Climate Change]
867 words (2.5 pages)
Also, as we know planets give us the oxygen which is very important for us to be a life. Inside the planets leaves there is like a small factory produces oxygen through a photosynthesis. Rebecca Boyle stated that
“Plants could help cool down the warming world through their own climate change response, according to a new study. Trees and other plants are known to emit volatile organic compounds in response to stress--heck, they even make noise--but it's unclear whether this affects the environment.”
The photosynthesis is process planets are doing it to give out oxygen and take carbon dioxide. This happen in the daylight because planets consume the sunlight, air, and carbon dioxide to make food and oxygen. The problem is when the trees cut in purpose to exploit the woods or the leaves to make furniture, planets cannot provide us with oxygen anymore. Reducing on the number of the trees can let to increase carbon dioxide in the air. Increase of carbon dioxide in the air is harmful for human and the animals as well. So, being one of greenhouse gases it will lead to global warming. To give an example for this, imagine with me a sunny day and you are going to your job at 9 am as usual. Unfortunately, you cannot find parking for your car; so you decide to stop it under the sunlight. The car gets excessively heated up, making it uncomfortable to sit in the vehicle. When you come in the afternoon you while find your car extremely hot; this is what happening when the carbon dioxide increasing in the air. It make the planet warm and hot. In addition to cutting trees, natural disasters can led the death for trees. To illustrate, the earthquakes and the floods may lead trees through fill it down or surround it with water and mud. However, the percentage of trees which die via natural disasters do not compare with trees that kill in purpose. As shown above, deforestation is one of the main causes of global warming. So, we have to help saving trees from the death in order to reduce greenhouse gases.
Finally, it has been said that human activities are primarily responsible for global warming. All activities whose human doing it every days are destroying Earth faster than you can imagine. Emission of carbon dioxide from the vehicles is a big problems because there are millions cars around us, plains, trains, and trucks. All these vehicles are using gas which produces carbon dioxide when burned. These emissions are very harmful and could make our planet warmer, hot, and polluted. In addition to that, according to Parulkhani
“the burning of the fuels, cutting down of trees and forest to build buildings and malls , the dumping of trash everywhere and not recycling it, excessive use of plastics, and smoke from the factories. All these activities performed by human beings are major factors of the polluted gases in the air and the warming up of the Earth which destroys the ecological balance of the nature leading to global warming”
It obvious that one factor of global warming is burning fuel, which cause to cut trees. Trees help to protect the earth from global warming, but as a result of burning fuel, they are no more protect the earth. Another factor that helps to destroy the earth is the smoke from factories, which include too much of carbon dioxide.
In conclusion, global warming is a phrase that means an alarm of something bad will happen above the border. Exactly meaning of it is the increase in temperatures that cause changes in climate. There was no care about the global warming in the past before 1970s. In 1970s, they discover that this increase will cause a real problem, which lead people to die, but they still ignore this issue until 2000. After that, they decided to take care about this problem and try to find solutions to it. There was a collaboration between the government and the private sector to secure the area from global warming. In these days, everyone know what is global warming means even children. The media plays a great factor on this problem; it made everyone aware of global warming as any other problems in the world. There are many causes of global warming, but the three main causes are air pollution, deforestation, and human activities. In my opinion about global warming, we have to be careful about burning the fuel and cut the tree because when you do that, we kill others by our pollution. Also, we have to recycle everything that we could recycle. And, we have to implant some plants rather than cut them.
- Burroughs, William James. Climate Change: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- Boyle G. “Global Warming and the Climate Change”. 96-117 pg. Chapter 3. 2004
- Parulkhani. "Top 10 Main Causes of Global Warming." List Dose. N.p., 24 July 2013. Web. 25 Nov. 2013.
- Boyle, Rebecca. "Warming Causes Plants To Release Gases That May Mitigate Global Warming." Warming Causes Plants To Release Gases That May Mitigate Global Warming. PopSci.com, 30 Apr. 2013. Web. 25 Nov. 2013.