I. Did you know that 2014 was one of the hottest years on record? It shattered the previous record which was set in 2010. Were you aware that there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any time in our recent and distant past? One of our most well-known national parks, The Montana Glacier National Park, once known for majestic glaciers and other icy wonders, has only 25 glaciers left!
II. The repercussions of the global warming issue are profound and should be addressed during our generation. Our children will suffer the consequences of our inaction if nothing is done.
III. Global warming is an issue that affects, not just Americans, but all living things on this planet. The effects of global warming are felt by all and can be seen with the melting of the polar caps and glaciers and rising temperatures. In fact, scientific evidence shows that the planet’s temperature has gone up 1 degree and will possibly go up more in the foreseeable future. The causes of global warming are human emissions and greenhouse gases. Why do many in the scientific community embrace this global dilemma while others deny its very existence?
IV. Global warming has caused many anomalous concerns with the earth’s weather patterns and sea levels that cannot be ignored. I will discuss what the Environmental Protection Agency states could happen to the earth if this issue isn’t seriously addressed. Additionally, there are several steps that can be taken by governmental agencies, corporations, and even individuals to prevent further widespread damage to our precious atmosphere.
I. According to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the earth’s carbon dioxide levels have risen to 401.58 parts per million ...
... middle of paper ...
...tions such as NASA and the EPA have compiled statistical data which proves that the carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere has significantly risen since 1880 and that, if this trend is not stopped, our temperatures and water levels will continue to rise, weather patterns will be affected, and life all over the earth will be threatened.
Thank you very much for your time and attention. I hope that this information was helpful and could possibly serve to enlighten you to this ongoing and most important concern.
"Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Causes." Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
"What You Can Do Climate Change, US EPA." US Environmental Protection Agency.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
"Future Climate Change Climate Change, US EPA." US Environmental Protection Agency.
N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Diesel, the Italian clothing company known for selling high-priced clothing targeting the young adult market, released a provocative international advertising campaign called “Global Warming Ready” aimed at provoking debate while raising awareness about climate change related issues. The image attached is one of the few ads released that ironically presents a serious global issue in a lighthearted manner. Evidenced by the advertisement is a devastated New York City, completely submerged in water by what can be assumed to be a potential side effect of global warming.... [tags: Earth, Global warming, Human, Climate change]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Climate Change and Humanity The effects of global warming and climate change can no longer be ignored. Unlike previous species and our ancestors that inhabited the Earth before us, we have the gift of foresight and the scientific, mathematic and engineering knowledge to implement changes to benefit the future and lessen the damage that has already been done. Yet, politics and bureaucracy continuously inject roadblocks when it comes to implementing necessary changes and has historically tried to discredit some of the verifiable evidence regarding global warming and climate change; hindering public knowledge and awareness.... [tags: Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Thesis: Nowadays, global warming is an urgent problem, we have to aware of the dangers posed by global warming and prevent the occurrence of this phenomenon. source one:Union of Concerned Scientists National Headquarters, 2 Brattle Square, Cambridge, MA 02138-3780 Worlds apart: the main cause of global warming and the relationship between some of the economy and global warming Summary: The primary cause of global warming is too much carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. These carbon dioxide sources are all kinds of human activities in order to develop the economy.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Carbon dioxide]
1049 words (3 pages)
- In a galaxy far far away there is a planet named Earth. This planet is located in the Milky Way galaxy close to Venus. Earth is suffering and many of the citizens do not understand why they should take care of the planet. Well global warming is affecting the planet there was a video named Global warming the rising storm which explains that the planet is warming and is bad for the humans. Air pollution is another factor that plays in global warming by the burning of fossil fuels, but there is a way for the humans to slow down the process.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Milky Way, Atmosphere]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Sallie Baliunas and the Dangers of Think Tanks Public policy makers increasingly rely on the research of think tank scholars to guide their policy decisions. But who checks the accuracy of think tank scholar research. Unlike academic journal publishing, which follows a rigorous system of peer review and editorial oversight, think tanks publish opinion pieces without regard to the peer review process. Their policy publications are not based on pure academics, but on a complex interaction between academic, political, and economic interests.... [tags: Global Warming]
3098 words (8.9 pages)
- Global warming and climate change threaten the very existence of mankind; understanding the affects of each and implementing measures to save this planet are of dire urgency. Global warming has become a threat to everything and everyone on Earth. Global warming is caused by many natural and manmade processes that continue to affect our environment. The release of carbon dioxide and methane gases are the two main contributors to climate change. With the warming of the environment almost inevitable now, methane gases are sure to become an even bigger contributor as the planet warms and the ice melts at the poles.... [tags: Global Warming Essays]
2847 words (8.1 pages)
- Global Warming has been a nuisance to environmentalists in recent years. It has been affecting Earth’s oceans, habitats, and biodiversity. Over the years, scientists have conducted experiments to understand the causes and effects of global warming and they have searched for solutions. They have warned others about the dangers of pollution and human activities and have urged others to do something about it. Films, such as Al Gore’s documentary “The Inconvenient Truth”, have also raised international public awareness of climate change and have re-energized the environmental protection movement; however, some politicians, government officials, and scientists have opposed this theory.... [tags: Global Warming Climate Change]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
Global Warming Is The Increase Of The Earth 's Overall Atmospheric Temperature Caused By Greenhouse Effect
- Dorian Carr 6 July 2016 English 12AA Senior project: Background paper Global warming is the increase of the earth’s overall atmospheric temperature caused by greenhouse effect. If you think of how humans have a core body temperature that rises maybe when you have a fever or are exercising that same thing goes for the earth in a way. So keeping that in mind global warming is like me or you being sick but on a planetary scale, at least that’s how I think of it. Earth is sick because of the simple things we do in our everyday life, a lot has to do with the fossil fuel we’ve been burning on a daily bases dating back to the industrial revolution.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Solutions to Global Warming There are many solutions to reduce the amount of green house gases in the atmosphere, which causes Global Warming. A main culprit for global warming is the use of CFC's (chlorofluorocarbons). If the use of CFC's was reduced, the number of greenhouse gases will be reduced by a great deal (however there are many other thing that cause dramatic amounts of greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide). The items that contain CFC's are regular house hold items, but they can have a devastating effect on the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.... [tags: Environmental Global Climate Change]
685 words (2 pages)
- Introduction From man’s basic understanding of existence, he acknowledges that his presence is but a fraction in time in relation to the longevity of the Earth’s existence. This attests to the time period in which the Earth functions. Man’s calculations of year to year changes in the Earth’s atmosphere are meager at best in determining the cycle for such an entity. Man’s oldest data dating back from ice core samples from Antarctica can not trace back further than a minute percent of the history of the billions of years that the Earth has existed.... [tags: Global Warming]
1683 words (4.8 pages)